THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
When disasters strike, we stand with the American Red Cross to get help where it’s needed most. We’ve been doing this from the very beginning, way back to when Adolphus Busch donated to help victims of the San Francisco earthquake in 1906. We proudly continue that important tradition, and through our partnerships and initiatives we’re always ready to lend a helping hand.
Partnership with Red Cross
We partner with the American Red Cross to identify communities in crisis and supply them with safe, clean canned drinking water following disasters. Our widespread distribution network and packaging capabilities allow us to do so quickly and effectively.
Anheuser-Busch is the founding sponsor of the American Red Cross Ready Rating Program with a $2.1 million grant, and was the first company to implement it. The program assists schools and businesses with their emergency planning and preparedness efforts to help them face a number of emergencies that could disrupt their operations, ranging from natural disasters such as hurricanes and floods to outbreaks of illness such as the flu.
Anheuser-Busch Emergency Drinking Water Program
We’ve proudly partnered with the American Red Cross for over 100 years and since 1988, we’ve contributed to the relief efforts in more than 50 communities in 20 states across the country. Our widespread distribution network and packaging capabilities allow us to quickly ship drinking water to communities during times of crisis. Safe, clean drinking water is an immediate need for disaster victims and working with the American Red Cross ensures that we can identify and reach at-risk communities as soon as trouble strikes.
- In October 2016, we were able to distribute 14 truckloads that carried 724,416 cans to people devastated by Hurricane Matthew.
- Between January and May 2016, we’ve delivered more than 413,000 cans of water to communities in crisis across the country.
- In 2012-2013, Anheuser-Busch donated more than 1.6 million cans of water in more than 10 U.S. states to support disaster relief related to tornadoes and storms, wildfires and floods affecting many communities.
- In 2011, Anheuser-Busch donated more than 1.8 million cans of water in more than 15 U.S. states to support disaster relief related to tornadoes and storms, wildfires and floods affecting 43 communities.
- In 2010, Anheuser-Busch donated approximately 850,000 cans of drinking water for U.S. disaster relief, including support to help people affected by water main breaks in Kentucky, winter storms in South Dakota, an oil spill in Michigan, forest fires in Colorado, and flooding in Tennessee, Iowa, Nebraska, Kentucky and Wyoming.
- When hurricanes Katrina and Rita devastated the Gulf Coast in 2005, our breweries supplied 9.4 million cans of drinking water to relief agencies.