January 26, 2022
Anheuser-Busch Reveals Its Advertising Line-up Ahead of Super Bowl LVI
America’s leading brewer to execute flawless ‘Game Plan’ that demonstrates how its portfolio of brands is creating a future with more cheers during the big game…and beyond
January 26, 2022 – NEW YORK, NY – Today, ahead of the NFL Conference Championships, Anheuser-Busch is revealing its Super Bowl LVI advertising plan which takes a high-octane offensive approach across its roster of brands and products. As one of the Super Bowl’s longest-running advertisers, Anheuser-Busch knows the end to the NFL season is a meaningful moment for diehard and casual football fans alike.
America’s leading brewer will use Super Bowl LVI to spotlight how its portfolio is brewed to deliver the company’s renewed purpose: to create a future with more cheers. Knowing today’s fans are watching the game across multiple platforms, Anheuser-Busch will reach 21+ consumers through its award-winning brands which will advertise during the Super Bowl broadcast nationally, regionally, and on digital channels.
“As we look to this year’s Super Bowl, we are excited to illustrate how Anheuser-Busch is accelerating its transformation and further adapting to today’s consumers,” said Benoit Garbe, Chief Marketing Officer, Anheuser-Busch. “For this year’s game, our brands will deliver content that is authentic to their purpose and centered on consumer truths – whether that be through creative that reminds viewers to find joy or content that celebrates the resilience of the American spirit. Now more than ever we believe viewers want to hear about hope, positivity, and possibility, and we’re going to deliver on those themes.”
Anheuser-Busch will have four minutes of advertising time as part of the national broadcast. Each spot kicks off a larger 360 marketing campaign, integrated across commercial and retail channels:
- Bud Light NEXT: Ten years in the making, Anheuser-Busch's first-ever super crisp, zero-carb beer is brewed with the tradition and legacy of Bud Light, but created for today’s consumers who have long desired a beer that breaks the barriers of a traditional lager and offers the sessionability and stats of a seltzer. For its first-ever Super Bowl ad, Bud Light NEXT will demonstrate what’s possible when there’s zero in the way.
- Bud Light Seltzer Hard Soda: Bud Light Seltzer continues to innovate with bold flavor options that consumers love and the “Loudest Flavors Ever.” Bud Light Seltzer Hard Soda isthe brand’s newest seltzer innovation, blending classic soda flavors with seltzer’s easy refreshment, and its Super Bowl spot will take place in a magical land full of flavor.
- Budweiser: America’s favorite beer has always been there for the occasions when the country comes together to celebrate the moments that matter. After sitting out of the Super Bowl in 2021 for the first time in 37 years to promote Covid-19 vaccine awareness, the brand will return to advertising’s biggest stage with a message that recognizes American resilience.
- Cutwater Spirits: The most awarded canned cocktail brand in the U.S. offers consumers the ease and convenience of 20 bar-quality cocktails in a can. In its first national TV commercial, Cutwater Spirits celebrates the everyday ingenuity of those who work smarter, not harder - particularly when it comes to enjoying their favorite cocktail.
- Michelob ULTRA: The brand that’s brewed for those who pursue fun and fitness in equal measure and that celebrates a balanced lifestyle reminds us that ‘it’s only worth it if you enjoy it.’This year the brand is doubling down on joy and bringing together legendary athletes for some friendly competition on a level playing field.
- Michelob ULTRA Organic Seltzer: This USDA-certified organic hard seltzer is brewed with zero added sugar for a clean and refreshing taste, with zero carbs. The brand’s Super Bowl spot builds on Michelob ULTRA’s themes of active enjoyment.
In addition, Busch Light, one of the fastest-growing beer brands in the industry, will have a regional TV spot during the game, broadcasting in 41 local markets such as Nashville, St. Louis and Milwaukee. Also airing regionally is Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold, the first nationally distributed USDA-certified organic lager, whose spot will air in ten markets in Florida and Texas.
Stella Artois, the iconic premium full-flavored lager with 600 years of Belgian brewing tradition, will have a spot in the Super Bowl pre-game and the regional broadcast, airing in local markets such as New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. The brand’s Life Artois campaign will build on its support of restaurant and bar industry workers.
A future with more cheers means a more inclusive future. Building on Anheuser-Busch's long-standing commitment to creating content that reflects the diversity of its consumers, each Super Bowl campaign will feature diverse representation, both in front of and behind the camera.
For more than 160 years, Anheuser-Busch has carried on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate more than 120 facilities, including breweries, wholesaler distribution centers, agricultural facilities and packaging plants, and have more than 19,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America’s most recognizable and beloved beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob ULTRA and Stella Artois, as well as a number of spirits and craft beer brands that provide consumers with a choice of the best-tasting beverages in the industry. From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home. We are looking forward to a future with more cheers where we keep dreaming bigger to provide opportunities for our people, lift up our neighbors and make a meaningful impact in the world. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Instagram.
Media@anheuser-busch.com is a single point of contact for journalists. If you are a member of the press and have an exclusively news-related inquiry, please direct it to this address. For other questions or requests, please click here.