Mindy Kaling Joins Stella Artois and Water.org to Inspire Americans to Change Up Their Usual and “Pour it Forward®” to Help End the Global Water Crisis
In honor of World Water Day on March 22, Kaling is encouraging people across the U.S. to join her in choosing Stella to help someone in need gain access to clean water
NEW YORK – March 20, 2019 – Stella Artois is continuing its mission to rally people coast-to-coast to change up their usual drink and choose Stella to "Pour it Forward®” and help end the global water crisis as part of the brand’s long-standing partnership with Water.org. Joining the chorus of famous faces opting for Stella Artois this year is actor, writer and producer Mindy Kaling, who will be teaming up with Stella and Water.org to show how easy it is to help transform someone’s life with access to clean water in honor of World Water Day.
“I’m passionate about empowering women in any way I can, and the global water crisis is an issue that disproportionately affects women and children around the world,” said Mindy Kaling. “I am honored to add my voice to the mix to help change lives with access to clean water, simply by choosing Stella.”
Stella Artois is making it easier than ever to help with three ways to make an impact this World Water Day:
- Buy a Limited-Edition Chalice. Through December 31 every Chalice sold helps Water.org provide 5 years of access to clean water for one person in the developing world.*
- Tag #PourItForward on social. Now through March 22 every use of #PourItForward will help Water.org provide one year of access to clean water for one person in the developing world.*
- Change up your usual and choose Stella for your next happy hour. Through April 30 every pour, bottle and pack of Stella Artois sold helps provide access to clean water for one person in the developing world.*
- Every twelve-pack gives 12 months of access to clean water.
- Every six-pack gives 6 months of access to clean water.
- Every pour (or bottle) gives 1 month of access to clean water.
“Together with Stella Artois we’ve already helped change millions of lives, and we’re making it easy for people everywhere to take action to help us reach millions more,” said Water.org co-founder Matt Damon. “We’re thrilled to have Mindy Kaling join our cause, and we want to rally the rest of America to Pour it Forward® to help make a difference this World Water Day.”
A MISSION TO END THE GLOBAL WATER CRISIS
Since 2015, Stella Artois has helped Water.org provide more than 1.7 million people in the developing world with access to clean water, with a goal of providing 3.5 million people in the developing world with long-term, sustainable access to clean water by 2020 through the partnership.
“What we’re really trying to do at Stella Artois is rally national awareness and action on behalf of those around the world who are impacted by the global water crisis every day,” said Peter Van Overstraeten, VP, Premium & Super Premium Marketing, Anheuser-Busch. “It’s been a real pleasure to see so many familiar faces – true pop culture icons – willing to join us in the cause by changing up their usual drink for a Stella.”
For millions around the world, access to funds stands between them and safe water and sanitation in their home. Water.org found that when given an opportunity to pay for water improvements with loans, families opt to finance long-term solutions versus struggle day-to-day to find that next liter of water. Water.org is now a leader in developing market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis.
“Our partnership with Stella Artois continues to provide widespread reach and inspire people to help end the global water crisis,” said Gary White, co-founder of Water.org. “This initiative, coupled with Water.org’s powerful solutions, enables us to make an even greater impact as we work to achieve Water.org’s vision of safe water and sanitation for all.”
BUILDING A BETTER WORLD, AT HOME AND ABROAD
As part of the Anheuser-Busch family of brands, the partnership between Stella Artois and Water.org builds on the company’s long-standing commitment to creating a cleaner and more sustainable world for future generations. To achieve their ambitious 2025 Sustainability Goals, Anheuser-Busch continues to drive progress across its supply chain to reduce environmental impact, preserve natural resources and act as a strong partner to their local communities. The company works closely with partners like Water.org to ensure their commitments and programs drive meaningful change for the environment and contribute to a shared objective of a Better World.
Join us and “Pour it Forward®” by choosing Stella, purchasing a Stella Artois Limited-Edition Chalice or spreading the word on social using #PourItForward. For more information on “Pour it Forward®” and other ways to get involved, visit Water.org/StellaArtois.
About Stella Artois
Stella Artois® is part of a Belgian brewing tradition dating back to 1366. It is the No. 1 selling Belgian beer in the world and is present in 95 countries. Stella Artois is a bottom filtered, blonde pilsner. It is thirst quenching with a malty middle and crisp finish delivering a full flavour and a hint of bitterness. Stella Artois is best enjoyed served between 3 and 5 degree Celsius and should be served in the unique Stella Artois Chalice according to the 9-Step Pouring Ritual to guarantee a perfect experience of this gold standard lager. Visit www.stellaartois.com for more information.
Water.org is an international nonprofit organization that has positively transformed more than 16 million lives around the world with access to safe water and sanitation. Founded by Gary White and Matt Damon, Water.org pioneers market-driven financial solutions to the global water crisis. For more than 25 years, we've been providing women hope, children health, and families a future. Learn more at https://water.org/.
*Stella Artois Pour it Forward® product donation triggers include:
- $3.13 helps provide clean water to 1 person in the developing world for 5 years. Stella Artois will donate to Water.org $3.13 for every limited edition Stella Artois chalice sold in the U.S. between 1/1/19 and 12/31/19, up to 300,000 chalices.
- Through March 22, $0.72 will be donated to Water.org for every share of #PourItForward, up to $25,000, representing approximately one year of clean water.
- Through April 30, 2019:
- For each Stella Artois or Stella Artois Cidre pint (16oz draught pour equivalent) sold to on-premise sellers, Stella Artois will donate 1 month of clean water for one person in the developing world. ($0.06 per pint, up to $500,000.00).
- For each Stella Artois or Stella Artois Cidre 6-pack sold to off-premise sellers, Stella Artois will donate 6 months of clean water for one person in the developing world. ($0.31 per 6-pack, up to $500,000.00).
- For each Stella Artois or Stella Artois Cidre 12-pack sold to off-premise sellers, Stella Artois will donate 12 months of clean water for one person in the developing world. ($0.62 per 12-pack, up to $500,000.00).
- For each Stella Artois 18-pack sold to off-premise sellers, Stella Artois will donate 18 months of clean water for one person in the developing world. ($0.93 per 18-pack, up to $150,000.00).
- For each Stella Artois or Stella Artois Cidre 24-pack sold to off-premise sellers, Stella Artois will donate 24 months of clean water for one person in the developing world. ($1.24 per 24-pack, up to $250,000.00).
- For each Stella Artois 22oz bottle sold to off-premise sellers, Stella Artois will donate 2 months of clean water for one person in the developing world. ($0.12 per 22oz bottle, up to $150,000.00).
- For each Stella Artois 19.2oz can sold to off-premise sellers, Stella Artois will donate 2 months of clean water for one person in the developing world. ($0.12 per 19.2oz can, up to $100,000.00).
- For each Stella Artois 14.9oz can sold to off-premise sellers, Stella Artois will donate 2 months of clean water for one person in the developing world. ($0.12 per 14.9oz can, up to $100,000.00).
POUR IT FORWARD® is a U.S. registered trademark owned by Vinternational Imports, Ltd. and is used with permission.